Choosing the Right AWS Certification
Every organization adopts a cloud strategy and a cloud implementation plan to safeguard the larger interests of the organization in sync with technology. It involves cloud computing which enables the storage of all relevant data and programs of the organization in cyberspace. It does not make hard drives redundant. A cloud strategy is indispensable to the successful transformation of every IT organization. It offers innumerable benefits, e.g., secures crucial data of the organization, offers automatic updates on software and integration, helps strategic collaborations, increases efficiency and enables reduction of costs. The organization also enjoys a massive storage capacity and can speedily backup all its data and restore data. In several organizations, the cloud strategy is communicated by a distinct individual, popularly known as the ‘Cloud Architect’.
Do you know? Amazon Web Services (AWS) served the cloud computing requirements of America’s Central Intelligence Agency, the CIA, for $600 million in 2013.
More than 60% of the public cloud market is owned by Amazon Web Services (AWS), and almost every organization either has or is adopting cloud computing. It indicates the importance of an AWS certification. Qualified cloud-computing personnel undertake AWS certification programmes to reinforce their technology skills. The inherent value of such programs is to enhance the skills of your team and even your own to form more result-oriented and effective teams to achieve the goals of the organization. Every commercial enterprise, big and small, is gradually implementing cloud technology to transfer its infrastructure, legacy systems, and applications. It has resulted in a huge demand for professionals in cloud computing.
Benefits of AWS Certification
- You get associated with the AWS certified LinkedIn community. You can interact with experienced professionals, seek advice and expand your network.
- You can attend various AWS summit events.
- You can avail of exclusive access to AWS certification lounges.
- You will be given a practice exam voucher by which you can get involved in free preparatory exam sessions for the next AWS certification.
- You can also get access to AWS certified merchandise at the AWS store.
Importance of AWS Certification
There are innumerable cloud strategies, and most businesses use multi-cloud strategies, but an AWS certification still rules the roost. The reason for this is as follows:
- AWS is the most renowned and leading provider of cloud services.
- It keeps you well-prepared in advance for all future trends in the information industry.
- It serves to increase your professional network, which in turn has many benefits.
- Increases the scope of more business
- You and your organization get easy access to multiple resources, which enable you and your team to furnish your clientele with more efficient services.
- AWS certification is the most respected certification in the industry.
AWS Candidate Certifications
AWS candidate certifications affirm the expertise of individuals in cloud computing. It gives an insight into the primary concepts and helps build skills which are prerequisites for cloud computing. It aids organizations in screening the genuinely skilled individuals to manage the various cloud initiatives with their newly acquired knowledge. AWS-certified employees help their organizations acquire the status of being AWS partners. The larger the number of AWS-certified employees, the more an organization stands to benefit.
AWS certifications are acknowledged across the industry. It enhances the AWS partner status of an organization and gives the organization optimal access to various benefits. It also gives an organization insight into the number of AWS certifications it can be credited with and the successfully qualified employees. An AWS certification facilitates the selection process for employers, and employers can immediately recognize the capabilities and proficiency of candidates who possess an AWS certification.
AWS Certification Time Period
Candidates can acquire an understanding of the core services of AWS within a matter of a few days. It takes a couple of weeks for these candidates to acquire practical knowledge with an understanding of the core services. After that, it takes between 30-60 days for such candidates to start accepting and executing professional AWS assignments. However, a lot depends on the individuals and their skills and certifications. You should first familiarize yourself and understand everything about Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3 and Amazon RDS, and Amazon VPS, among other fundamentals.
Which Cloud Certification Is Best?
Every cloud certification is invaluable and is highly beneficial to the individual and the organization. A lot depends on the skills of individuals and their interests in pursuing certification to enhance their skills. You have to consider your career advancement and understand if a specific certification will enable you to achieve your goals.
AWS provides 11 different certifications that fall broadly under four sections: Foundational, Associate, Professional, and Speciality. Some of the best cloud certifications are as follows:
- Overall beneficial certification – (Associate) – AWS certified solutions architect
- Maximum value – (Associate) AWS certified SysOps Administrator
- Beginners – (Associate) – AWS certified developer
- Advanced students – (Speciality) – AWS certified security
- Cloud Certification – (Practitioner) – AWS certified cloud
- Architect Certification – (Professional) – AWS certified solutions architect
- Machine learning Certification – (Speciality) – AWS certified machine learning
- DevOps Certification – (Professional) AWS certified DevOps engineer
The cost of each of the above certifications varies.
How to Get AWS Certification?
- Once you decide on the type of certification you wish to acquire, you must enroll in the specific AWS training session.
- It will build the foundation of cloud computing.
- If required, you can take the course in certified cloud practitioner
- Study the notes well.
- Use the Cloud guru application and download lectures.
- Listen to the lectures intently.
- Take up as many online practice examinations.
- Each exam involves a distinct schedule and preparatory cycle.
As the name suggests, this helps lay the foundation for a beginner and affirms the individual’s skills in the AWS cloud path. It entails at least 180 days of studying the core fundamentals of AWS and is ideal for anyone who is not a technical professional. It is of great benefit to individuals with sales, business, management, and finance roles.
You need to know how to deploy systems in the AWS cloud and even build systems to procure this certification. Ideally, individuals should have at least a year of deploying distributed systems using AWS services. You should also have experience in managing storage, database and network services in AWS and considerable knowledge of the policies of AWS security as well as compliance.
The professional certifications for certified solutions architects and certified DevOps engineers are demanding and require a multitude of technical skills and expertise.
Certified Solutions Architect
It requires individuals to have at least two years of real-time experience in the design and deployment of cloud architecture on Amazon web services. You should be well-versed in the management and billing console of AWS, the application programming interface of AWS, the cloud formation templates of AWS, Linux and Windows, and at least one scripting language. This certification requires individuals to have skills in the evaluation of cloud application requirements and the skills to design a hybrid architecture using the primary technologies of AWS. To earn this certification, you have to successfully pass the professional exam pertaining to the AWS certified solutions architect.
Certified DevOps Engineer
It requires individuals to have at least two years of managing AWS scenarios related to operations and have an acute understanding of all the latest processes in operations, the methodologies being used and the implementation of the same. You must be highly skilled and experienced inconsistent management of the delivery systems on Amazon web services. You should be highly proficient in organizing all requisite systems on Amazon web services.
Amazon web services offer five different speciality certifications. These include:
- Advanced networking is suited to individuals who have experience in complex networking projects and are familiar with the automation processes of various tasks related to networking.
- Data analytics – You should have at least 5 years of experience in data analytics technology and two years of real-time experience with amazon web cloud services.
- Database – You should have at least 5 years of experience in database technologies and a minimum of at least two years of practical experience on amazon web services. It would be useful if you have any prior experience working with non-relational and relational databases.
- Security – Individuals must have two years of work experience on AWS workloads and at least 5 years of experience in information technology security.
- Machine Learning – You should possess a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years in data science and at least two years of machine learning on the amazon web cloud services.
Recertification and Staying Up-to-Date
All amazon web services certifications come with a validity of 3 years. Recertification is a process whereby you can enhance the value of your existing AWS certification. It is important to affirm your credibility in the most updated practices and knowledge related to amazon web services. Recertification involves taking the latest exam pertaining to a distinct certification once again. You will be able to avail of a 50% discount voucher across the various certifications, namely, the foundational, associate, professional, and speciality certifications.
There are various AWS certifications. You can become a Solutions Architect, a SysOps Administrator, a Certified Developer, and AWS certified security. The Amazon web services enable the development and expansion of a business with its services. The importance of AWS certification lies in the fact that it educates individuals to categorize the various cloud computing services and the deployment models and test their capabilities in cloud computing so that organizations can create much more from it.